First published in , this is a classic monograph in the area of applied mathematics. It offers a connected account of the mathematical theory of wave motion in a liquid with a free surface and subjected to gravitational and other forces, together with applications to a wide variety of concrete physical problems. A never-surpassed text, it remains of permanent value to a wide range of scientists and engineers concerned with problems in fluid mechanics. The four-part treatment begins with a presentation of the derivation of the basic hydrodynamic theory for non-viscous incompressible fluids and a description of the two principal approximate theories that form the basis for the rest of the book.
The second section centers on the approximate theory that results from small-amplitude wave motions.
Dover Complete M-N
Read full description. See details and exclusions.
See all 5 brand new listings. Buy it now. Add to basket.
- Action Potential and the Polarization of Membrane Potential.!
- Why You’re Still Single: The 7 Deadly Mistakes to Avoid With Men (Dating advice for women on how to get a boyfriend and husband);
- Secret Of The Keepers (The Keepers Saga Book 2);
- The Alpha and Omega Code: The Personal Life Story of Immanuel Jesus Christ (Bible Code Series).
- Dover Complete M-N.
- Legacy of Sins: To find happiness, a young woman must face up to her mother’s past.
- Eastern Philosophy: The Greatest Thinkers and Sages from Ancient to Modern Times.
All listings for this product Buy it now Buy it now. Any condition Any condition.
Mathematics and the Physical World by Morris Kline | Waterstones
See all 7. People who bought this also bought.
Mathematics for the Non-mathematician by Morris Kline Paperback, About this product Product Identifiers Publisher. Additional Product Features Author s. Show more Show less.